Monday, March 10, 2008

3

And the great countdown begins - three days until I leave for Japan! I started packing last night and realized not only did I need to do laundry, I also needed to figure out how to make my limited professional wear stretch over four days of company presentations. It looks like I'll be bringing only two suits, and changing what I wear underneath, and that's the best I'll be able to do. It's also been unusually cold there, so suddenly my old wool suit isn't sounding so bad.

On the other hand, what does one wear to Japan?? I've already pulled out my yoga pants and a couple of favorite comfy shirts for the plane, that's for sure.

Plus, I'm a little afraid I'll offend some of our hosts with how much food I need in a day! I like Japanese food - you can't really go wrong with rice anyway. But lately my eating habits have been insane, since reception site hunting comes with eating a lot of very good food (and can I just say, I'm thrilled with ours!). But I've been on a real Mexican kick lately, and I'm not going to the other side of the world for that.

I'm otherwise ready to go, but it's just narrowing down those last few outfits and packing as optimally as I can.

It's been quiet at work recently since my job is winding down. I'm a little disappointed I don't get to see this current project out, but then again, I don't know that I really want all that riding on me. I saw our apartment manager today, and her first question to me was "How is work?" Since I see her about as much as I see my parents, it was a weird thing to ask, but apparently there are other tenants who work at my company and are worried about layoffs. I wasn't, but I guess I will be now!

Since I never blogged about my mom's visit, and the wedding-binge that ensued (literally, to the point that I couldn't take it any more), I might work on that tonight. I have laundry to finish, studying for a midterm, and packing to do!

So, until I return, sayonara!

No comments: