Monday, December 15, 2008

Well, that's it. Three years over and done, as of last Thursday. It's still a little hard to wrap my brain around the fact that I won't have to take more classes in the spring, and of course it's a little anticlimactic as there is no graduation ceremony until May. But, regardless, it seems that I've finished my MBA (I have one grade already, which is insanely quick, but to be fair my other class's final wasn't scheduled until tomorrow so a lot of people haven't taken it yet).

Thursday night I pulled the last number off of the closet door countdown, had pink champagne, and even talked to my mom although it was crazy late there. Friday I went for a nice long run, decorated the Christmas tree, and went to dinner & a movie with some friends. Saturday was Christmas shopping and a going-away party (that was fun despite the circumstances), and Sunday I made buckeyes and spent most of the day at Disneyland. That's right: all fun, all weekend. I'm re-integrating into society!

Of course, I still worry about discovering a big red F in my transcript, or that there was a certain class I was supposed to take and didn't, or some other kind of mistake. Other universities make you apply to graduate, but I have to say the PM office has really taken care of most everything for me.

I don't really bring it up at work unless it's important (I had to leave the holiday party a little early to fight traffic for my last exam), and someone even asked me today where I was going to school. It makes me feel a little awkward to talk to people about it sometimes - it's this enormous part of my life, a lot of people I know are getting or already have post-graduate degrees, and yet really very few people (9.4%) do.

Either way, it appears to be over with, but there is quite a bit that will keep me busy for a while!

No comments: