Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Oh noes! Digital TV!

I just read an article about the digital television conversion. As someone who knows nothing about TV, it was pretty eye opening. I mean, the whole thing is going to be a disaster on a smaller scale than the media will have you believe (but a disaster nonetheless), but all of the ins and outs of the conversion.

This is, of course, from someone who has a TV, but only watches DVDs (on a free $20 player), Wii, and hulu.

I am sure I will get a call from home that someone's TV isn't working, so I should study up. But it sounds like there's way more to it than just plugging in a thing the size of a cable box (didn't we finally get past those?). Even though I'm all for switching to digital signals, and forward progress and all that, I'm suspicious most people aren't very interested in doing a lot of internet research on making sure their TV works.

Guess we'll find out in a month ...

No comments: