Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins

Round #2 of my 29-ounce can of pumpkin!

As soon as it starts getting cooler, or the calendar turns October, I want pumpkin flavored everything. And it's especially chilly in our new neighborhood.

Pumpkin for breakfast? OK!

I used this recipe from Country Living. Between Lovestoeat and Country Living, this can't possibly be bad. The ingredient list seems pretty hefty though, doesn't it? I only had half the cream cheese needed, but it didn't seem to be an issue.



These were the best pumpkin muffins I have ever had. No kidding. Even my husband declared them cafe-worthy. Although, I couldn't tell you the last time I had a muffin at a cafe. Do you know how many calories are in those? And no, I don't want to know how many calories are in these.



At this point, I've made both cookies and muffins from one can of pumpkin puree. And there is still some left over!

So I even made myself a pumpkin spice latte. Well, not really a latte, as I don't have an espresso machine. But the coffee seemed to work too. Who knew steaming milk on the stove was so easy?

And there is still some pumpkin left over...

No comments: