Thursday, November 22, 2007

Favorites

The other day CNN posted that Oprah's most expensive favorite thing was an HDTV refrigerator. I kid you not. I have no idea why you'd want a TV in your refrigerator, much less in your kitchen. But, she is forgiven for that - her 5th favorite thing is a KitchenAid mixer.

Some more of her favorite things:

Perfect Endings Cupcakes


These, while beautiful, are $59 for 9 cupcakes. Send me $20, and I will send you perfectly fantastic cupcakes of your choice.

Tangent: Actually, Andy's been trying to convince me lately to start a restaurant. Now, running my own business sounds just awful, but last night we went to Jerry's Famous Deli and had a sprinkled sugar cookie that was beautiful but not very good. That got me thinking - I could start a bakery! But I still don't want to run my own business. Or take cooking lessons. Or live in fear that someone gets sick off my food.

Melamine Cookware


It should be obvious why these are wonderful. Here's a hint: bright, cheerful colors, and spouts.

Breville Ikon Panini Press


OK, I don't want anyone paying $100 for a George Foreman grill. But, this is going on the registry, because I really want one with interchangeable and removable plates that can go in the dishwasher. Honestly, every kitchen should have a grill like this. The sandwiches in the picture make me think of the avocado, brie, and tomato sandwich we had in Vancouver. Best sandwich ever.

Rachel Pally Swing Turtleneck and Sailor Pants

Please don't wear this.

Scrabble Premier Edition


What can I say? We play Scrabble. And this set just plain looks good.

O's Guide to Life


Let's face it: she's done something right, so this book has got to be good.

No comments: