Sunday, December 2, 2007

FOOTBAAAAAALL!

Yesterday was the big USC/UCLA game. No one I knew got tickets, and I was so overloaded with homework that I ended up watching it through the "snow" at home. It was quite a game! USC won so they get to go to the Rose Bowl.

As if that wasn't enough football for me, I hung around for the Missouri/Oklahoma game. Missouri's been doing really well lately, so it seemed like a good game to watch. But I ended up getting up and doing other things periodically because I kept thinking "Well, Oklahoma's hosed them now." Missouri kept coming back, but by the fourth quarter Oklahoma had it. Bummer.

Anyway, yesterday I said "Wouldn't it be crazy if Illinois and USC played?" Now, I didn't think that was even possible because, even in my retarded football knowledge, I know USC is in the PAC-10 and Illinois is in the Big 10 (11). First, I couldn't imagine Illinois winning enough games to get to that point. And second, it's kind of like saying "Wouldn't it be crazy if Batman and Superman duked it out?"

Andy instant messaged me today to tell me Illinois is going to the Rose Bowl. Now, if only I could get tickets!!

{edit: yes, I'm aware Illinois is going to get hosed. Either way I win though, so there.}

No comments: