Sunday, December 2, 2007

Missing

I wish school ended the first week of December so I could fully participate in Christmas activities. This year I've already done most of my shopping, but this is prime baking time. I'm pretty sure Christmas songs have subliminal messages that tell me to bake all sorts of cookies.

If I didn't have a paper, project, and exam coming up, I'd go to:

Mission Inn Festival of Lights

Yeah, this is about an hour away without traffic. But the picture looks great. And we considered having the wedding there, but decided against it because the area wasn't too nice and it was much too far away. We still had a fun day checking out the architecture though.

Disneyland

OK, OK ... you know we'll go see it before Christmas. I'll blow something off to go, and it'll be so worth it. I just wish I could go MORE. I can't wait to see the new castle effects.

Griffith Park

Putting up lights in public parks isn't really a big thing out here. It was always one of my favorite things to do in St. Louis. Hopefully we'll find the time to go (and they'll still be open) this year. But this is also about an hour away. We had a great time at the observatory, and the park looks like prime location for this sort of thing.

Rose Hills

I drove by Rose Hills today and they've changed their sign on the hill (think the Hollywood sign in neon) from pink to red and green. My favorite station (at least between Thanksgiving and Christmas, just look at their page!) has been advertising it. It's only about a half hour away but I think I missed it for a group meeting. Oh well, at least I got about an hour and a half of Christmas songs in the car.

No comments: