Thursday, May 8, 2008

{Sigh.}

I'm a little melancholy this week. As you should all be aware (hint hint!!) Sunday is Mother's day. I sent my mom some tulips that were apparently very pretty online, but didn't deliver quite as expected. Most of all, I wish I could just hang out with my mom for Mother's day. Last year, my parents came out to visit, and we went to try on dresses at David's Bridal, because I thought that was a fun, girly thing to do (my dad might have had a different opinion). This year, with all the Mother's day sales, advertisements, and people acting put out by the plans they're making to spend Sunday with their moms, I'm just a little bummed. I'm seriously considering hopping a last minute plane home one of these weekends (soon), because most of all, I want to try on my potential "the dress." I want to see it on at least one more time, and I have reinforcements (seriously, how cool are my friends??), but I still have that little fantasy of trying on dresses and coming out of the room and my mom and I realizing it's "the one."

Honestly, it was easier finding the husband.

I'm also a little bummed that my college roommate can't make it to our other roommate's wedding. What she's doing is awesome, but I miss them!! We had so many good times. I so hope they're wanting to make a spring vacation to California next year ...

My last spring semester final isn't until next Tuesday, then I have another week or so off, then it's back to the grind. On one hand, I tend to less frivolously work late during the semester, because I'm so crunched for time. On the other hand, I'm liking my current job. I feel like I'm doing so much good, helping train people to use the particular system I work with! I saw the syllabus for one of my classes this summer, though - ouch. Ah well. Time to make dinner, and get back to studying.

No comments: