Friday, June 6, 2008

The past two days I feel like my brain hasn't been running on all cylinders.

Work is really, really busy, only because I've proven pretty competent. Whoops! I like helping people. Someone told me today that I've been coming up on the report to the director (who knows how they found that out). Really, I don't like recognition; I just like doing a good job. I don't need someone to pat me for doing what I was hired to do. For the next two weeks I get to be a little bit more in charge of the system I help administer, which is a little worrisome but seems totally do-able.

I have a love-hate relationship with Facebook.

Wedding vendors like to take advantage of you. Not only monetary advantage, but they also seem to like to taaaaake their tiiiiiime. I'm not talking about anyone in particular.

In looking for a house, Andy has wisely been looking at statistics for the area. Looking at the crime statistics for our current neighborhood, which I've always joked about being ghetto, is actually really scary.

Oh, I wish we could afford the first house we toured. I still like it.

For some reason, I've been hearing about women having miscarriages. It makes me sad.

Lately they've been playing those "Real Men of Genius" commercials on the radio again. They were off, for a little while. And to be quite honest, they aren't as funny this time around. Anyway, it reminds me of the first round, when they were "Real American Heroes." Anyone else remember the abrupt change after 9-11?

Instead of placing an order with my friends Harry and David, I decided to bake myself. I couldn't figure out how to ship a cake or cupcakes, so I was down to cookies.

Ugh, so much homework, & I'm exhausted. I'll post my baking efforts later ...

No comments: