Thursday, July 10, 2008

See me trying to get better at blogging?? Here's the latest:

Lately there have been a lot of babies around. Really amazingly beautiful and cute babies! Usually they kind of scare me when they're first born - they look like pruny little old men. Heck, even I looked pretty pruny and red (funny how some things don't change)!

The past few days have been good shopping days for me. And yes, I know, the semester is over in just a month and I have quite a bit of work to do. But yesterday, exhausted as I was, I managed to get from across the street:

  • two pairs of shoes from Payless that I've had my eye on all summer, and on clearance!
  • a little gift for a certain someone's birthday coming up quite soon
  • jewelry findings for my someday, hopefully, bridesmaids, as well as the grand designs I have for my own necklace
Today after work, I purchased:
  • a pair of jeans that fit comfortably, without me wishing those last 10 pounds were off, from Old Navy of all places. You have to understand, this is monumental. Their pants haven't fit me in years.
  • a free pound of See's candy with a certificate I've had for over two years
  • Japanese food galore: buckwheat soba and short grain rice. I miss Japanese food.
Which, by the way, made for a nice bland little chicken and rice dinner for my delicate tummy. I even used one of Martha's daily dinner recommendations and put a little lemon and rosemary on it. Five emails a day, one good suggestion.

Andy has been getting the wedding website up, and so far it's looking great! Meanwhile, I've been still plodding toward securing our photographer, and thinking of things to do when my parents visit. I wonder if we can get some engagement photos done by then ... ? Although, it's not like ordering save the date materials off the internet is anything ceremonious.

All said, I'll leave you with this reminder: be kind to your IT folks. Chances are good that while you're thinking they're a useless idiot, they're thinking they same of you. I'll try if you do!

No comments: