Thursday, May 7, 2009

Last night we went to a free movie preview for a movie called 9. How exciting to see a movie that doesn't come out for months!!

I didn't know anything about it, really. Other than it was directed by Tim Burton (and some other people that are apparently big names). There's a trailer available, but I didn't bother watching it. When was the last time you went to see a movie like that? In my experience, seeing a movie with no prior knowledge makes it really good.

We had to wait in line a little while, and the line got really long. But we got in and had seats together - some of the last people let in had to split up. The theater hasn't been refurbished and smelled like a dirty diaper.

I don't want to tell too much about it because not knowing what was happening, I think, made it better. Although I will say it's quite scary, and really not good for smaller children. Take them to the Nightmare Before Christmas in 3D instead (and take me while you're at it!).

When I was filling out the survey, my first impression was, "I didn't like it!" I don't like scary movies. But the more questions I answered, the more I realized it was actually quite good. Even the non-scary parts had that sort of creepy crawly feeling, as to be expected. Some of the acting was great! And the story was creative, even though it had elements that you would think to be over done.

If I were recommending it to myself, I'd say, wait for it to come out on DVD. And don't see it in 3D.

No comments: