Monday, July 27, 2009

Pizza

One time, I tried to make pizza dough from scratch. It didn't work out, I have no idea why, and I kind of didn't think about it any more.

But I'm not a huge fan of frozen pizza, and buying those pre-made pizza crusts is really inconvenient when you don't make pizza that often.

However, since I've successfully made more than a couple of loaves of bread, it was worth attempting the pizza crust again. Especially whole wheat style!

My most recent whole wheat flour purchase was Gold Medal brand. I'm not particular about the brand, and I couldn't tell you why I picked up that one rather than something else. It had a recipe on the side of the bag for pizza crust that looked easy enough.



I topped the crust with mozzarella, parmesan, tomatoes and the mysterious "pizza spice." It came out fantastic but next time I would bake the crust longer to start. It was quick and easy enough for a weeknight.

Ever notice how I have to bake everything significantly longer than recipes call? It's like my kitchen is in some weird vortex where it's 50 degrees cooler. Now if only it just felt cooler too.

No comments: