Saturday, July 25, 2009

This Morning

I woke up at 7:30, before my alarm was even supposed to go off. I was so excited I couldn't sleep any more. I was excited for my long run of the week!

So, I get up, get dressed, eat a piece of bread & butter (breaking the fast, so to speak), and start out the door. As I go, I click around to get my iPod started. Normally, it detects the sensor before I start down the steps.

Today it didn't detect anything. At all. I was down the street before I turned around and came home. After all, it crashed my iPod altogether on my last run. Not to mention the upgrade to the website has been anything but smooth. But, as gimmicky as it is, it was very much well worth the $30 investment for me.

After at least a half hour of research, I gave up and went out anyway feeling like Dumbo without his feather. By then it was a half hour hotter, too, but still worth it.

I saw hummingbirds, dragonflies, flying beetles that I mistook for hummingbirds, horses, and the 91 highway. It's a little disheartening when all of the cyclists pass you so fast, but only one runner passed me. And I ended up passing him before I turned around to come home.

But now, what to do about my dead sensor? A replacement sensor is apparently $19. It seems you can take it to an Apple store and they'll replace the battery for free. But, the nearest Apple store is at least a half hour away. SparkPeople's fitness maps are really convenient for me, since I can just add it to my fitness plan. If you're not in to SparkPeople there's always WalkJogRun too. Or, since I know it's worth it to me, do I graduate to something nicer?

Either way, RIP little Nike sensor. We've had a lot of fun together.

No comments: