Tuesday, April 29, 2008

There's so much going on, I'm just totally overwhelmed.

  • Mother's day and my dad's birthday are very close this year. They're usually close, but this year just a few days apart. I missed out on all of the free/expedited shipping specials, but turns out I'm still a little early for my delivery dates. Which kind of sucks, since that means I have to wait a few more days to check them off my list!
  • I renewed my driver's license. Can I just say again: hooray for online renewal!
  • Another repeated hooray for economic stimulus packages. I did direct deposit so I don't have anything to complain about, but I'm still going to be toward the end. Oh well - that day I'll be refreshing my bank account allllll day.
  • Hm, what do you send as a wedding gift when their wedding is only a week and a half away ... ? I'm so, so excited we're going to my college roommate's wedding. Even if it is in Chicago and two days before my last final exam. I'm anxious to get my life back! Oh ... I need to rearrange my work hours for my flight! And figure out what to wear! And how to pack it in a duffel bag!
  • I really, really need to plan a visit to my parents. I haven't seen them in a long time. I haven't talked to them in a long time. And I have a big bag of gifts that I don't want to ship. And wedding plans that need to be discussed.
  • My final project for my international trip was a mess, but at least it's over. Saturday was really hot, so it almost wasn't too awful to spend the day in class presentations. Now, I'm a week and a half in to my month-long finals marathon, with an exam this Thursday and my last final exam in a couple of Tuesdays. Then, two weeks off (which I'll be spending part of making up time at work), and back to class Mondays & Tuesdays, 6-10 pm.
  • Work is really, really busy. I like what I'm doing now, getting the hang of things, and feel like I'm helping people. But there's virtually no down time! A friend of ours started working in the same building as me, one floor down, and I just got to go by and say hello today - none of my software was working!
  • Andy is out of town this weekend, so I'm considering a trip to the bridal shop. Just a low key, no pressure perusal of the options. Also, especially if it's going to be 1,000 degrees this weekend, I'll spend some time at Cerritos mall. I have a couple Victoria's Secret coupons burning a hole in my purse, and the recent heat wave pointed out I need some basics for warmer weather.
  • It's about time I start talking to photographers. Mainly, the one that I want.
  • Before you know it, I'll be 26. Another milestone toward being graduated and married!
  • Someone at my mom's work lent my parents the movie Superbad. I understand it was quite an eye-opener for them.
  • Hooray for a new X Files movie! I used to love that show. I'm sure I wouldn't like it as much now, but I'd go see it for nostalgia's sake.
  • We still haven't used our free Sunday brunch coupon. I'm thinking: penultimate semester celebratory brunch.
  • I wanted to order business cards through school. A lot of people have said they're cheap, and they look quite nice. When I went to fill out the form, however ... it asked for my name. I can't use up 500 business cards (for only $15!) by next April ... what name do I put on them?? As Andy says, "Everything about you is in flux!"
I could go on and on. This is just the to-do list for the next month!

No comments: