Friday, September 12, 2008

The other day I got an email from Allure Experts asking me to try some new mascara. Since it had Chanel in the name, I blew it off. I used to be a rabid Allure reader; I bought it every time I went to the store. When they started an online review panel sort of like the Harris Polls I do, I signed up right away. Let's just say ... it sounded better in theory than in practice.

The last time I tried a product, it was Kerastase day and night cream. I had to go to the nearest Sephora (South Coast Plaza) to pick up a sample. I liked it a lot, but at $110 a bottle it's not something I could buy on my pre-MBA budget (it's not sold any more).

Today I got a little puffy envelope in the mail from Allure with a trial of Exceptionnel de Chanel mascara. Now this is how you conduct a trial!

I haven't tried it yet but I'll let you know. It's $28 at Neimann Marcus, so it's not likely I'll be giving up my Maybelline Great Lash any time soon. BTW: it smells awful.

No comments: