Saturday, November 8, 2008

Remember how excited I was about the 100 push up challenge? Yeeeeah. I sort of fell off the training program. It turns out one probably can't actually go from 0 to 100 push ups in six weeks. Bummer.

At the same time, school has been really busy, and the sun sets really early now, so I can't really go out and run. That, and about a week or two after I ran the half marathon (with no problems at all!) I hurt my knee and couldn't run more than a mile or two without it hurting. Sigh.

That being said, my knee is better, and it's not like I stopped with the push ups altogether. As I was resting between sets, I thought, "maybe I should be doing some sit ups while I'm at it? I don't want to wear a corset under my dress... " To be fair, the reason I started to do the push up program was because I thought it would be cool to do 100 push ups; shortly after I learned about this horrible problem that I didn't even know I should be worried about. (FYI - it's nearly gone. I didn't notice it there, and I only recently noticed its disappearance.)

So Friday consisted of:

  • Treadmill: 15 minutes at 6 miles per hour
  • Stairmaster: 8 minutes (I was tired - and on a really high level)
  • Push ups: sets of 10/10/8/8/20 (yes, 20 in a row)
  • Teaser: sets of 10 in between push up sets
  • Expert boxing on Wii

No comments: