Sunday, February 1, 2009

I'm trying to be positive and say it was a good weekend, but let's just say I'm non-plussed. Weren't things supposed to calm down after school?

Friday we had leftover risotto and blackened salmon for dinner. We rearranged the living room a little for better TV-watching, and lately we've been watching Firefly during dinner. I like the show only because it's fluffy, silly, and doesn't take a lot of brain power. At least I hope that's why it's popular.

Saturday I dreaded because we were going to do two of my very least favorite things: go to a car dealership and go to the Verizon store. I hate them both equally for different reasons.

We started with the dealership. I wanted to drive a 2009 model, since I drove a 2008 last year and it seemed like the new model might be different. So Andy, myself, and a car salesman who could be no older than 20 got in the car and drove around the block. Where else can you test drive a car on PCH? Then we went in and did the haggling song and dance, and that took another 45 minutes. That's my least favorite part. Since I needed some more information and had to make some more calls on Monday, they talked me in to setting an appointment after work Monday night. Eep.

Then we rolled over to the Verizon store. The stores (around here at least) are of various sizes and service levels, so we usually go to one a little further away with a big selection of live phones. But it's usually obscenely crowded with icky people on the weekend. I narrowed it down between the Samsung Sway and the LG Decoy, and they had them side by side. A few minutes of pushing buttons and the Decoy won. Of course, it had an unfair advantage. I wanted it anyway.














I spent the afternoon baking my cake for next week and doing some cleaning. It was nice to be able to do that! We had a quick dinner and then went out to the IMAX to see Dark Knight. Before the movie started I called up Verizon to order my new phone, since the website wasn't working and apparently every store in southern California was sold out. The guy on the phone was nice, but why did they still have my address from five years ago? I'd leave Verizon, if I just cared a little more.


Maybe the movie would have been better on a regular screen, or maybe on TV at home. But in IMAX, where it fills all your vision and the sound system makes you feel every little noise through your butt, I have to say I was not a fan. It was too violent, too scary, and the story was kind of ... meh. Not to mention the acting was not good. So stop saying it was "slighted" for an Oscar. Dead =/= Oscar material.

Sunday we went to Disneyland, rather than watch the Superbowl. I didn't know until Friday that it was even Superbowl weekend. That made it a perfect day to go! We finally went through the Sleeping Beauty walkthrough but I was a little disappointed. The story was out of order. We didn't stay long and with the looming stress of what to do with my current car, we came home and watched a few commercials online. Were there any good ones I should go watch?

No comments: