Friday, January 22, 2010

Christmas Cookie Roundup III

Does it seem like I made way more cookies than I did last year? That's because I've turned it in to three posts.

Bringing out the newest member of the family, the wintermint wafer.
I saw pictures of these in my holiday Real Simple issue, and wanted to make them. They're chocolate. They're mint. They're beautiful.

If they weren't coated in chocolate (or leftover royal icing, as the case may be), these would have been terribly crumbly too. I rolled them and sliced them in squares and circles. It's also kind of a bummer that peppermint extract is really expensive.

But, I got to use my fancy decorating stuff. Pearls from Target, and dirt cheap, and red & white peppermint flavored sugar from ... somewhere. Also cheap. I'm stocked.

Sadly, I never got a picture of the full glory of all the cookies I made. But, here's the final list:

  • Gingerbread army and barracks
  • Sugar cookies
  • Poinsettia (holly) cookies
  • Wintermint wafers
  • Haystacks
  • Red velvet cream cheese cookies
  • Buckeyes
  • Peppermint Bark

That's way more than I made last year. Here's to outdoing it in 2010!

No comments: