- Had to get gas this morning, because I was almost out. It also sounds like I'm due for an oil change again - my car takes a couple more turns to start around that time.
- Got to work and multi-tasked. At the beginning of my MBA program, they gave out binders with 4 Excel worksheets showing what day you would go to which class. This was pretty helpful because one of the classes was half-credit and switched off with the others. For the past year, I've had this calendar posted in my cubicle and marked the days off with a highlighter. I really missed that, so I made a new one with my 3 classes this semester. It's almost twice as long, but it sure was satisfying coloring in those first two weeks! 13 weeks to go...
- I went to yoga all by myself. My friend is moving to another office and couldn't go today, so I thought I may as well get used to it. Some older man came in and set up right behind me ... there's always that ONE guy in every yoga class!
- I got really bummed when I realized that we've been engaged for nearly a year, with no wedding date in sight. In fact, the only thing I have to show is an incomplete guest list, some wedding paraphernalia from Oriental Trading, and stacks of magazines. I mean, really, you can only fake laugh and sidestep wedding related questions ("When's the date? How is planning going? Have you picked a place?") so many times before you get to thinking, it's just not going to happen.
- When I got home, I wanted to try for a little run. JUST a little one. It went pretty well, maybe just a mile or so. But, I don't recommend finishing the milk off before you go.
- In an effort to cheer me up (I think), Andy and I went to go see the giant bunnies at the Long Beach Community College. But what we didn't realize was that with school in session, there's nowhere to park and they kind of hide out. One played with me for a little bit, but then we headed home and spent the rest of the night playing Scrabulous.
Saturday, September 8, 2007
Posted by Emma at 6:53 PM