Friday, October 12, 2007

Week

Wow, the week has gone by so fast. It seems like just Monday I was wishing it was Friday already.

Monday:
Was a holiday for every company except for mine. It's alright, though, because I had what's becoming a fairly typical, uneventful day. I stopped off at Target for a gift bag, snack bar, and Starbucks Pumpkin Spice latte on the way to PM class. Since when is a tall latte $4??? I think for Christmas I will ask for a very generous gift card, otherwise I won't be able to justify my peppermint, gingerbread, or egg nog lattes.

Tuesday:
I went to yoga, and the class was almost empty! The problem with going to class by myself is that when someone ... um, over extends themselves, and ... well, farts, there's no one to laugh with. It just seems rude to laugh by yourself. I tried the turkey chili from the cafeteria, but it was a weird sort of spicy, not the good kind. And nothing like the Von's chili, which could possibly be the best chili ever. I went up to LA for class and didn't have any money so I couldn't buy anything more than a bag of Skittles, but Andy made me a sandwich when I came home.
So sweet! Every time I go to the little shop in the business building, I want the caprese sandwich. It's $7, though, and they don't take cash. As I didn't have cash, I decided I'd just go to the grocery store and make my own, and bake my own foccacia to boot. I also got to deliver a gift to one of my birthday girls, which of course was fun. I did a little better than average on my non-midterm midterm, but I feel kind of slighted about my pre-fall grade. To be fair, I didn't put in much effort. But at least I sat through the whole thing, which is more than I can say for most people!

Wednesday:
The best part of today was going to Todai for lunch with Andy and friends. It's not fun not seeing him for most of the week. I sent out about eight emails through Here Comes The Guide to potential reception venues, and sat and stared at my inbox waiting for replies. I didn't want to go to self-help class; even though it was fun I simply couldn't wait to go home. But once I was home the exhaustion from the week, being sick, and the pressure of work, school, wedding planning, property purchasing, car buying, along with not being able to do the little things that I enjoy so much, really got to me. But I was so worn out that I think I eventually just passed out.

Thursday:
Not having to go to class is fantastic. I didn't go to yoga and instead ruined all the healthy eating I've been doing because our department hosted a pizza lunch. It was fun, and I had no idea how funny some of the people I work with are! After a slightly botched attempt to surprise my friend with her very belated birthday gift, I went home, took an easy run, and talked to my parents for a very long time about wedding related things (I think I'm hardly a bridezilla, but I feel like I have to talk over every decision!). Andy came home rather late with my cold, so we got smoothies from across the street, came home and made him soup, and sent my mom the information I'd found so far. I also finished reading Critical Chain, which ended up being as cheesy and self-serving as I expected. The concepts are good, and the author is very good at explaining them, even if he beats a dead horse occasionally. It's a little like the Da Vinci Code - the history and theory are fascinating, but the story that drives it is formulaic.

These are my total weakness, by the way. Not cookies, not ice cream, not alcohol. I could eat boxes and boxes. Made of 100% recycled paperboard!


Friday:
I found out that our chapel is available both weekends we were considering, which was great news! Now we just need to reserve it. I also typed my Critical Chain notes for my group. We had lunch at My Place (a sports bar, not my home!), and I finally got to deliver my last birthday gift for a while. It made her so happy! Which, of course, made me happy. I went to the grocery store after work, where the ATM never works, forgot a number of things, and dragged it all home. My mom wants to come out to visit, and help me find reception venues, but I just don't have the extra time. We had dinner at the Corner Bakery, came home, read, and that was pretty much the night.

No comments: