Sunday, December 30, 2007


Yay, we're home again! We had a lovely little Christmas all over the midwest. I was very happy to throw out almost all of my gift receipts when we unpacked, and there's nothing I want to return. But more than anything I was happy to spend time with the biggest and best family ever!

We've spent the past week eating, drinking, shopping, and watching movies. A quick little rundown of the week:

Saturday: I got up around 4 a.m. for my shuttle to Ontario for my 9 a.m. flight. I was at the airport forever and my plane was even a little late. People were way too angry and cranky for that early in the morning. No issues except it was really, really cold when I got to Omaha. I got to see my future-in-laws beautiful new house, and my future-brother-in-law had some friends over that night.

Sunday: Crazy though it may be, we spent most of the day shopping for a few gifts. It was certainly an extensive Omaha tour. That night we wrapped gifts, had a fantastic dinner with some family friends, and I clobbered everyone in Scene It. Who would have thought? I haven't seen a movie in ages.

Monday: Andy's family celebrates Christmas on Christmas Eve, so this was our big day. Everyone came over and we had a big dinner together and opened gifts.

Tuesday: Christmas day we spent mostly relaxing around the house. We dropped Dan off at the airport, went to see some trains that welcome drivers in to Omaha, and Andy copied some cassette tapes to MP3 from when he and his brother were little. It was such a cute idea! They must have been adorable little kids.

Wednesday: Another early morning to the airport for St. Louis. And also pretty uneventful at the airport, since we were the first flight of the day and it was also a direct flight. Once we landed we had breakfast and I wrapped gifts - rather unfruitfully, because we turned right around and opened them. Since it was the day after Christmas we could go out to dinner also, then rented a stack of movies and relaxed at home.

Thursday: Shopped for new shoes almost all day. Andy bought a pair of walking shoes and I ended up with new boots to replace my broken heels. We went out for dinner and also went to see the lights at Tilles Park!

Friday: It took Andy days to fix my parents' computer and their incredible virus, but he did it. After we went out to the movies, we were supposed to take my parents out for dinner, but the wait was pretty long so instead we had spaghetti and meatballs at home.

Saturday: Went shopping with my mom to return a shirt and shopped around for shoes. Probably not the most productive shopping trip, but it was fun to get out. Afterward, we took my dad to the Lone Elk park, and Andy took a bunch of incredible pictures. We even saw a little buffalo family complete with baby buffalo! Then we made up for yesterday and had a nice dinner.

Sunday: Our flight was scheduled to depart at 6 a.m., and we got up early for the airport. Admittedly, we should have gotten there earlier. With all the construction, I'm never really sure how long it takes to get to the airport any more. But, Frontier was really the issue. They had only two people checking bags for a number of super-early flights, and they didn't realize they had about 30 people still waiting to get to Denver until 5:30. Even then, the security lines were the longest I've ever seen (I'm partial to a certain security line that has always been short before) and thankfully they let us on even though they had shut the jetway door. And, luckily, even though our plane was late for our super short layover, it was the same plane going to Orange County. After an hour long shuttle ride home and a complete tour of the Anaheim hotels surrounding Disneyland, we got home.

No comments: