Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Decompressing

It's 9:30 already and the past week or so has definitely been sneaking up on me.

Last weekend:

  • Went to class on Saturday to make up for the school holiday on Monday. Because, of course, it's my class's fault that the university shuts down on Martin Luther King Day. The lecture was good but a lot of people didn't show up, traffic into the parking lot was awful (some awards at the Shrine auditorium were the next day), and the Starbucks was really slow (but hooray for skinny lattes!).
  • On the way home, stopped by the Lakewood Center for the Bridal/Quinceanera expo. I'll just say ... it was more Quinceanera than bridal. I saw my friend and my Mary Kay stalker, bought some great pants on clearance from the Gap in a very happy size, came home, and napped.
  • Started our wedding registry. I'm not even going to mention where we started them - we're a long way from ready for that.
  • Made a shopping run and finished the 150 or so pages of reading for my Monday class.
This week (so far):
  • Went to work & school Monday. The lecture was just not as good as Saturday, and the homework we were supposed to substantially complete that night wasn't going to happen because the databases we were to use weren't working. But, I got to come home early! Good thing, too, because we had to get everything off the carpet to have it steam cleaned, as the roof was leaking from all the rain. They also fixed our front door!
  • Work & school again Tuesday. I don't regret taking this spreadsheet modeling class, but it sure is boring. There is also homework due in that class for next week! It'll be a busy weekend for me.
  • Today, Wednesday, was my non-school night before Andy takes off. After work I ran at the gym for just 20 minutes (but straight), came home, worked out some group homework stuff, emptied and loaded the dishwasher, rearranged the entire kitchen/dining room area, put away quite a bit of the boxes and things we moved for carpet cleaning, rearranged the bedroom, did laundry, and fixed salmon and sauce for dinner.
This week (to come):
  • Tomorrow is work & school, but I have to get there early to work on one of the group homework assignments. If professors don't want students to "divide and conquer," why must they insist on assigning group homework?
  • Friday is work, and then picking up race packets for the Pacific Shoreline 5k, and probably homework or hanging out.
  • Saturday? Homework, I suppose. I have an amazing to-do list, and it might just include a trip to Ikea. It originally was for doing the laundry, but that's about done now. Also catch up on my law reading - I can see how this class is going to be in danger of falling behind, when there are actual assignments that affect my grade more pressing. It'll be quiet at home, so perhaps I'll hit up the Starbucks and get some bustle around to get me going.
  • Sunday is the Pacific Shoreline 5k! After that, probably finishing up homework assignments and getting ready for the week. {edit: I just discovered two shirts in the laundry that have holes in them. I've felt like I needed a wardrobe makeover for a while now, but sometime this weekend is going to involve purging the closet. Again.}

No comments: