Saturday, February 2, 2008

Burnination

Thursday, I met up with a couple of my friends to work on a class project before class. It's only the third week of the semester, and we just got our first assignments recently, so you'd think I'd still be pretty on top of things. While we were discussing, though, I realized that I was very, very, not on top of anything. And, I was too overwhelmed to worry over it.

Yesterday, I went on an impromptu girls night out, and I was ready for bed around eight. We were having a good time, running around Payless ... but it seemed like after work, the whole week had caught up to me. Who doesn't go out on a Friday night??

That is so not me. I'm on top of things, in control, and a champion worrier.

I've been a full time graduate student for about two years, and a full time employee for about four years. I have major things going on in both - big changes at work in the next two months, and virtually completing one of my classes at the same time. So from 7 a.m. to 9:30 p.m., I'm working on these things. And that doesn't even include the wedding I'm supposed to be planning, a mere 14 months away! I've witnessed that, in itself, make any sane, put-together woman's brain melt.

Honestly, the work stuff will sort itself out, Japan will be fun, the wedding is actually under control, and in May I'll only need to take four more classes spread over two semesters. In four months everything will be so different! And hopefully a lot calmer, because I'd like to hang out more with the friends I've made over the years here, some of which I haven't seen at all. And spend more time on family, getting and staying organized, cooking, and a lot of other things...

Big kudos to my similarly-situated friend whose blog I inadvertently ended up sympathizing with. ^.^

No comments: