Sunday, May 18, 2008

Whew, what a week.

All of my management was out of the office all week for one reason or another, so I tried to get as caught up as I could. I still have a ton of work to do, though, and got a lot more anyway. Monday I was extra tired from the weekend, but luckily it was a slower day. I came home to study for my exam, but got frustrated with the poorly-worded practice problems and researched photographers for the rest of the night, only to discover that I really, truly, do need a videographer. That was essentially how I spent the night.

Tuesday was my "cumulative" exam for data modeling. Now, I've only had one semester of electives so far, but I haven't actually had an exam during exam week. USC has a "study week" before exams, so you essentially lose an extra week of your semester break because exams are delayed. I almost assumed the professor would move the exam up, but he didn't. It ended up that "cumulative" in his world means "the past few weeks of class." I was mad that I'd wasted the time on studying, but it was thankfully pretty easy. He must have really gotten the hint from the midterm. By 9:30, when I got home, I'd completely lost my voice and felt sick, so I just had ice cream for dinner, watched the Office (oh, how I'm looking forward to Jim proposing!), and went to bed.

Wednesday was rough only because I was tired from the day before, and fending off the little cold that was brewing. I contacted almost all of the photographers recommended by the chapel except for one that was openly starting at $8,000 and one that hadn't been updated since the early 1990's. Call me picky, but it puts me off. After work I went to yoga class, and we went to the Macaroni Grill for a celebratory dinner. I still couldn't have a glass of wine as my voice was fading fast, and they were "out" of anything scallopine. Bummer, but still a good dinner.

Thursday I applied to community college. No joke! They're offering a middle-eastern dance class this summer on a day that I don't already have class, and since my friend liked it so much I thought I'd give it a try. For six weeks and $20, it's a low risk project. They take two weeks to process an application; I hope I get in! Work was a mess because some servers were reset wrong somehow overnight, and everyone was out of the office. The application I work on was almost entirely down, with nothing I could do to help for most of the day. It ended up being a big day because my girlfriends came with me to approve of my dress, and took sneaky pictures for my mom. Seriously, coolest friends ever! After work I went shopping with a friend to South Coast, where we spent about an hour in H&M, and then had dinner at Mitsuwa. I forgot what a cool neighborhood Costa Mesa is; I wish it was more convenient to live there.

Friday people started trickling back in to the office, and I got a couple new projects to work on. After work I tried calling home to see what was going on there (my great aunt had been very ill), tried to read my Lucky magazine (which just isn't my style, but was free), and fell asleep in the heat. We went out to Dave & Buster's for a going-away party where the boys watched the Lakers game and I went with my only female friend there to Steve & Barry's $8.98 sale. Everything was only $8.98! Which included suit jackets and some really nice clothes, but also cheap jewelry and headbands. Sadly, their pants aren't cut for me, but I did get a bunny t-shirt and blue shirt for work. We were home around midnight and totally exhausted.

Ends up the weekend was just as busy as the week ...

No comments: