Sunday, October 21, 2007

10/21/07

This morning I failed to get up early enough to make the 10:30 opening of California Adventure. But sleeping in is SO GOOD.

My ring finger burn is healing pretty well. I've been anal retentive about protecting it and putting on silver sulfadiazine. I'm hoping that it won't be as ugly as I originally feared; there's no dent in my finger any more. Apparently you can buy it on amazon.com, but their site isn't working right now.

We're having super Santa Ana winds, and it's knocking the power out in north LA. Too bad, because I love windy warm days!

I got the Christmas Oriental Trading catalog, but I've been disappointed in what they've offered lately. But I tend to examine it pretty closely, and I noticed these little wood boxes that would be perfect for work "holiday" gifts. Maybe filled with Christmas-y candy?


I couldn't be more excited about Christmas this year. I can't wait!! School will be over for the time being, and I get to visit family, and they'll start playing Christmas songs on the Coast, and I can bake all kinds of things... But, we all know what really happens. I get really excited, finals come around, and I don't get around to any of it. I'm hoping this year will be different!

We made it out to California Adventure for the evening, but it was really windy. Trees were falling everywhere, and it was probably a little dangerous. But I was happy to see the decorations, and we went on the Tower of Terror and California Screamin' before we left for home to do the laundry.

No comments: