Sunday, October 28, 2007

Costumes

Since this weekend was sort of Halloween weekend, here are my costumes:

Friday: IOM Business Student

Yup, spent another day on campus in a group meeting with my professor that started off badly, but ended a little better. But, with 6 weeks left in the semester, I have the feeling it's going to be a lot of work. I got home about 8:30 and Andy had made dinner, but I pretty much passed out after that.

Saturday: USC fan

I wasn't sure how much I felt like going to Manhattan Beach to watch the SC game, but I'm glad we went. USC lost to Oregon, but they were the better team and it was a close game. Also, that morning, I woke up to this horrible sharp pain in my shoulder. I think it was from sleeping on a different pillow because of the laundry snafu (which I just learned stands for "situation normal, all f-ed up"). After the game we made a stop at Target for necessities (deodorant, bath soap, and autumn mix!). For dinner, we tried to finish off the pizza from last week, but I think we'll still have some leftovers. Afterwards I spent the rest of the night doing homework and staring at Allure Bridals. I. Love. This. Site. My current favorite:


Sunday morning: Runner

Finally, it was the pumpkin run! Although, I was kind of disappointed. I hadn't been running for almost three weeks because of being sick, busy, or the fires. Even though I've been keeping up with yoga at home, that won't help much running a few miles. Just after the run started, I thought I was going to pass out. I don't know if it was lack of food, the fires, the air quality, or lack of training, but I kept wondering if I fell over if anyone would stop and help me out. Anyway, I finished at 34:34, 3 minutes longer than last year. Oddly enough, there were so few in my division that my time got me third place! So even though my time was terrible, it worked out. We also stocked up on SoyJoy bars since they had so many left over, and had our traditional unhealthy after-race breakfast at Burger King.

Sunday (afternoon/evening): Cook

The best part of the run was getting a pumpkin at the end! I spent the afternoon cutting one up and calling home, then boiling it for probably about an hour, and mashing it. After that, I had a giant lump of yellow mush. We had to make a quick Wal-Mart run for evaporated milk, because I wanted to start with the pie. Once that was in the oven and baking, I started on the bread, which is surprisingly similar to the cookie recipe. I realized not a minute too soon that the pie and bread needed to be baked at the same temperature, so for a while I had both going at the same time!

For dinner, Andy finished off the pizza, and I had to think a little while because, even though I was hungry, I had used up most of my calories for the day on breakfast. :( So I made the easiest thing ever: pasta with shrimp, and an olive oil and lemon pepper sauce. It took about 10 minutes to make, about 400 calories, and so very good!

No comments: