Saturday, September 22, 2007

Midwest

Today's cooled off weather, and the print my friend bought of trees in the snow, kind of got me thinking about moving closer to our families again. I never realized that I actually do miss the season changes, even though they're a pain. I don't miss the going out in the muck and snow and ice.

We talked about it a little when we were in Alaska; we both liked having family time that we don't really get living so far away. But we couldn't immediately think of a city that we'd both appreciate. It's very much a different lifestyle, too. Whenever I visit my parents, things seem to move at a different pace. My mom even tells me, not long after I get there, to "slow down!" It would be great to be closer to our families, and a lot easier to be big fish in a little pond than little fish in an ocean. We could buy a house, in a nice neighborhood, or even in a downtown area (which I would love!), and get good jobs with our educations and experience.

The problem is, where do you go? Seeing our parents more would be great, but at the same time, I think we'd lose some of the independence we've had living in LA. A lot of companies are leaving southern California, but they're not exactly swarming to St. Louis either.

No comments: