Sunday, September 23, 2007

Weekend

I really need to stop having totally awesome weekends. I'm afraid it's going to start affecting my grades.

9/22/07:

  • Got up none too early for a quick conference call. Did a little reading, but went back to bed. It was a wild Oktoberfest! Or, I'm just not used to staying up late any more.
  • The second time around getting up, I made us omelets filled with all kinds of things from the refrigerator. They were great! Afterward Andy and I sat in the living room and just chatted. I felt bad about not doing my homework, but it was really great just to sit and be together.
  • I eventually did do some homework; and we left for the aquarium around 3:30. They close at 6, so we didn't have much time, but it was all worth it to watch the sea otters play. I also thought the jellyfish were really cool. I saw some of my coworkers, and we walked around a little more before they closed.
  • When we got back to the parking garage, the line to get out was ridiculously long. So, we opted for splitting a smoothie and dinner at Chili's. It ended up being kind of a romantic night!
  • On the way home we stopped by the grocery store so I could pick up the missing ingredients for oatmeal raisin cookies. Then I spent the rest of the night doing homework and baking. I love to bake, so that sort of made up for the homework part.
9/23/07:
  • Happy birthday mom! We stopped by Starbucks on the way to Disneyland. Once there, we checked out the new Pirate Island with a very good Johnny Depp impersonator, went on the redecorated Haunted Mansion. I love their Halloween decorations! We had lunch (I had a kid's meal in a Mickey-shaped plate!), went on the Haunted Mansion again, and then rode the Mark Twain riverboat around Pirate Island. At that point I was starting to get a little worried about my homework, so we left. But I wish we could have stayed until the evening to watch the Haunted Mansion light up, and see the jack-o-lanterns at the gate light up. I'm sure we'll be back! Hard to imagine that the last time we were there we were running in 90 degree heat - it was cool and comfortable today.
  • Came home and worked hard on my homework. Luckily my project management homework was easier than expected.
  • Ran a 5k, again, just because I could. It was actually about 3.5 miles in 37 minutes, and it was another wonderful run; I barely walked. Hello, I'm an addict.
  • Did my database management homework while we started the laundry and I made spaghetti for dinner. Not too exciting, but it was really good.

No comments: