Monday, August 27, 2007

First Day of School

Like kids everywhere, today is my first day of the fall semester. I have to admit I'm a little nervous because now I'm officially a 2nd year student, and it's all electives from here on out. We went "back to school" shopping today over lunch, and can you believe Target is entirely out of college-ruled paper and sturdy folders?? That's the awful truth.

I'm still working with Shutterfly - with the help of my cousin and mom now, we've got all the table names in. At first, I was going to use Blurb, because their free software gives you a lot more flexibility. But as today drew closer, I realized I needed Shutterfly's reigning in. I've seen books from both places, and they come out the same quality and price. Next time, though, I don't think I'll use Shutterfly if I have the option. You can only load 10 pictures at a time, and it's slow. Plus, if you're filling up a whole album, you're going to be loading a lot of pictures. I think I blogged while they loaded. Once I got the hang of the program and options, I realized it wasn't that limited, but I still like the freedom of total control.

Yes, I'm slowly becoming a Facebook fan more than Myspace. Sorry guys. I haven't gotten all the features worked out, but so far I've reconnected with a lot of cool people!

Today was kind of like my first day back at work. I don't count last week because I was so groggy from the trip. It's going to be a hectic week! I spent most of the morning unpacking my desk.

OK, time to get to work on my reading!

No comments: